Thursday 7 February 2013

Preliminary Task - First Drafts

Here's my first draft for my magazine front cover. Overall I'm pretty pleased with it although there are some alterations I would like to include in my final piece to make it more interesting as I feel it looks boring due to the colour scheme.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

This is my first draft for my contents page. I am pleased with my article ideas and the use photo at the bottom. However, I feel that it is plain due to its white background and so I am going to work to make it more appealing to my target audience.

2 comments:

  1. I like your use of colour scheme on this as they blend together nicely although they could be a little bit brighter. I also think that the small snippets of information along the side is good because it draws the attention of the viewer. To improve I believe that you could use a burst to advertise the competition, thus drawing the attention of the viewer. Also I believe that you could make the masthead a lot bolder to stand out from the background more.
    But all in all good work! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the name The Rose because of the link with the school logo but I think your colour scheme is possibly a bit bland. Maybe you could change the colour of the 'inside this issue' box? I really like you headlines, I think their really exciting and I think the picture really gives off posotive connotations of the school.

    ReplyDelete