Tuesday 30 April 2013

Final Magazine

I am aware that when you look at my draft magazine compared to my final magazine there is a  huge difference between the two products.





I realised that the minimalistic approach I wanted to take really wasn't appropriate for creating an Alternative Rock magazine as Rock is typically associated with chaos and hectic lifestyles. Also, in order for my magazine to stand out against others and to gain the interest of the reader I couldn't completely dismiss all media conventions. It has proved to me that even by following some conventions you can still make the magazine your own. I haven't used as many conventions as the majority of magazines which allows my magazine to still have a bit of a minimalistic edge as it's not overly cluttered and therefore pleasing to the eye. I've realised that at the end of the day you have a target audience for a reason and you need to ensure that they will buy your product or else it's pretty pointless.
I'm thrilled with my final pieces as I feel they look much more professional and they are definitely something that I would be willing to pick up from the shelf. 
I did panic that I didn't have a lot of time left in which to create my final product as I completely changed my mind nine days before the deadline but I've shown that if you're willing to put the effort in then anything is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment