Wednesday 24 April 2013

Front Cover - Draft

This is my draft for my magazine Front Cover. I wanted to play around with different ideas and so for my draft I went very minimalistic. However, it clearly doesn't work. The cover is far too plain and therefore very uninteresting. This has made me realise that although Ray Gun may have been my personal favourite when I was doing my research in order to fit in with my genre and to ensure it appeals to my target audience I need to focus on making it similar to NME, Q and Kerrang magazine. 
I want to change the colour and font of my masthead. I feel that the shade of red is too dark to work properly with the photograph and so needs to be changed. I feel that I could find a font that fits in better with my genre as well. 
Once I've made these changes I'll be much more confident with my front cover.
I'm happy with my choice of colours as black, white and red work well together and fit in with my Alternative Rock genre. They are colours that catch the attention of the reader and would entice them into buying my magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment