Sunday 14 April 2013

Photo Editing

In order to ensure that my photos have my own edge and fit in with the style of my magazine they will undergo some editing. I used pixlr.com to test some different effects on a photo of the Arctic Monkeys.



The original image.








My edited image.
In order to create this edit I firstly had to add an overlay to the top, which after adjusting the brightness and contrast put the image into black and white. I then went on to use the eraser to remove the overlay around the members faces, putting them back into colour. I finished it by filling in Alex Turner's t-shirt blue to add a pop art type vibe.

As this was my first edit I wanted to keep it quite simple, especially as I was getting to grips with a site I had never used before. I hope to use the site to make my own images for my magazine more creative and interesting so that they will appeal to my target audience. I also hope it will enable me to give them my own edge and make my magazine stand out to others on the market.

No comments:

Post a Comment