Saturday 13 April 2013

My Chosen Target Audience

The target audience I have chosen for my magazine is 16-25 years of age. I have chosen to aim it at both males and females as I would like to interpret an overall style that would appeal to both genders. I am hoping to combine a mixture of both Q and Raygun magazine to create something individual. I want to follow some of the popular traits from Q magazine but then add a Raygun edge to it that goes against popularity and gives my magazine a more interesting and creative edge, hopefully appealing to my target audience. The main aim for my magazine is to make it different to others on the market.

The picture above shows the female ideal reader for my magazine, a 16-25 year old girl. My reader would dress in a style that combines the latest trends with their own twist to keep it modern and individual. They would buy their clothes from shops such as Topshop and River Island instead of designer labels such as Superdry and Hollister. The majority of their money would be spent on most things music related, such as gig tickets, CDs and merchandise, along with clothes. They would spend a lot of their time at gigs and festivals, whether they are local or of a larger scale. They would enjoy seeing local, up and coming bands along with the more 'mainstream' bands of the Alternative/Indie Rock genre. Their aspirations for the future would be something to do with media or photography to enable them to meet some of the bands that they idolise.

No comments:

Post a Comment