Tuesday 16 April 2013

Spontaneity vs Staged

As part of my research I looked into both staged and spontaneous photos to give me some ideas on the type of photos I wanted to take for my magazine. Whilst researching I came across some photographs by Ross Halfin and I decided to look at his work in more depth as it stood out compared to the other photographers.

Ross Halfin 
A rock photographer to the stars who has taken possibly some of the most iconic photos of the 20th and 21st Century. 
Although he does take some posed photos some of his photos appear very natural as the models are just being themselves and doing what they like, almost as if the camera isn't there. His photos at live gigs are where he excels the most and after looking at his photos they have given me some ideas of what type of photo I would like for my magazine.

I have decided that I am going to combine both staged and spontaneous photos as I believe both would work well with my magazine style.









No comments:

Post a Comment